2023 Fall Cover Art Contest
Our triannual program guides are mailed out to over 8000 homes in our district and your artwork could grace our next cover! We are looking to recognize the student artists in our district, so if you have a library card with us, we’d love to see your work!
Rules and Eligibility
- Entrant must be a student. Elementary through college students are eligible.
- Entrant must be a Town and Country Public Library cardholder.
- All artwork must be the original work of the entrant.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted using the online form below.
- Contest is open from May 15 – July 7.
- Artwork can be made physically or digitally but initial submission must be online. Photos of physical artwork are acceptable, but the winner will need to present work for a hi-res scan.
Top 5 entrants will receive a $25 gift card and a Library T-Shirt.
Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 Gift Card, Library T-Shirt, Poster Print of final cover, acknowledgement in Fall 2023 Program Guide, and their artwork will grace the cover of the Fall Program Guide.
To give everyone the best chance to submit the winning entry, we have outlined a few things to consider when creating your artwork.
- Consider document bleed: For those unfamiliar, bleed is printing that goes beyond the edge and is trimmed off. When our Program Guides are sent off to a printer, they are 1/8 inch larger on all 4 sides and then trimmed to size. This means all artists will want to avoid putting important details near the edge of the artwork.
- Program Guides measure 6.5 inches wide x 8.75 inches high before bleed. Our guides are sized to be handheld, however it may be easier to create a larger piece that has those same proportions e.g. 13 inches wide x 17.5 inches high. If increasing the size, you will want to remember to increase the margin for bleed as well. As an example, if you double the width and the height you will want to double the bleed too, so that you have 1/4 inch bleed margins on all sides.
- Cover layout is important. We would love to show off your work in its full glory, but we also need to inform our readers of what the guide is and what they will find inside. Every cover features text along the top and the side, as well as the Library logo near the bottom center. The font colors will be chosen to compliment the winning artwork.
- A transparent mock layout with margins is available here for anyone who would like to use it, but remember to remove it when you submit your entry.
Refresh page if submission form is not visible.