We’re Open for Limited Services
We are now open our standard operating hours, however we will continue to follow guidelines from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and the Illinois Department of Public Health. With that in mind, patrons should expect new guidelines and procedures to be in place to minimize the community spread of COVID-19.
What we’re doing:
- Staff will stay home if exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Staff will practice social distancing, wear masks covering their noses and mouths, and wash/sanitize their hands frequently.
- Increased cleaning protocols in high touch areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations readily available.
- Plexiglas shields at service counters.
- 24 hour quarantine of returned materials.
- Curbside services available to anyone not wishing to enter the library.
Curbside Service Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
What We Ask of You:
- Do not come to the library if you are sick, have any COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive recently, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Practice social distancing, wear a mask covering your nose and mouth (age 2 and over), and wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
- Please use the sanitizing station at front entrance upon entering.
- Patrons may pick up holds, select materials, and use computers, but are asked not to linger.
- Refrain from eating or drinking inside the library.
- Use the self-checkout stations whenever possible.
Note: For the health and safety of staff and patrons, anyone who fails to comply with safety requirements may be denied entrance or asked to leave the library.
- Hold pick-up in person or via contactless curbside service
- In-person browsing of our collections
- Circulating periodicals and digital materials
- Virtual programs
- In-person, phone, or email reference and readers advisory services
- Personalized reading picks through our Book Lover’s To-Go Boxes
- 30 minutes of computer use per day
- In-person printing and copying services
- Mobile app to access your library account, place holds, and more
- Any patrons wishing to sit and read will be able to use our Outdoor Reading Room, weather permitting.
- Tables and seating (except for computer users and Outdoor Reading Room)
- Meetings, conference, and study rooms
- Lawrence J. Martin Heritage Center
- Storytime area, youth playhouse, and toys
- Passport and notary services
If you have questions, please contact us! . You can email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call (630) 365-2244 during our open hours.