Getting a Library Card
If you live or own property in the Town & Country Public Library District, you are entitled to a Library card. To obtain your Library card, please come to the Circulation Desk and bring two forms of identification. One ID must have your name and current address. Children under 18 must have the signature of a parent or legal guardian. Children must be at least 5 years old to obtain a Library card.
Any of the following documents can be used to obtain a card from the Library:
- Mortgage or lease documents
- Property tax bill
- Valid State ID or driver’s license
- Current month’s statement for credit card, insurance policy, cable television or other utilities
- Passport or country ID
- Current bank statement
- Current pay stub
- Illinois motor vehicle registration
Digital Library Card
If you live in our district, but do not have a library card you can now sign up for a digital library card here!
- Upon registration, you will be granted full access to the library’s digital resources including e-books and databases.
- Registrations are restricted to addresses within our library’s service area zip codes.
- Digital cards are valid for 90-days (requiring library verification for further extension).
- Digital cards cannot place holds on physical materials or checkout physical materials without being upgraded to a full access card by library staff.