On Monday, August 30, the Governor’s indoor mask mandate went into effect. Anyone wishing to enter the library will need to wear a facemask regardless of vaccination status. Additionally, any person wishing to attend an in-person program will need to comply with the library’s masking guidelines.
The Library has made nearly all of its previous services available. Tables and chairs have returned to the public area; allowing patrons to stay and read or work. Study Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis, while our Conference Room and Meeting Room can be reserved online here. The Library will observe certain procedures – listed below – to ensure the safety of our patrons and staff. We will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC and the Illinois Department of Health and will inform the public of any additional service updates.
CHanges we have made:
- Increased cleaning protocols in high touch areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations readily available.
- Plexiglass shields at service counters.
- Curbside services available to anyone not wishing to enter the library.
Curbside Service Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
What We continue to Ask of You:
- Do not come to the library if you are sick, have any COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive recently, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Practice social distancing whenever possible and wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
- Please use the sanitizing station at front entrance upon entering.
- Use the self-checkout stations when available.
- Wear a face mask if entering the library.
- Lawrence J. Martin Heritage Center
- Youth playhouse
If you have questions, please contact us! You can email the library at email@example.com or you can call (630) 365-2244 during our open hours.