Town and Country Public Library is seeking a flexible and enthusiastic person with excellent customer service skills to join our circulation staff. Staff responsibilities include performing tasks and assisting patrons at the Circulation Desk, in addition to shelving and organizing the Library collection.
- Charges and discharges Library materials.
- Issues and renews Library cards.
- Answers and directs patron inquiries.
- Performs clerical tasks relevant to the department.
- Performs ILL duties
- Assists patrons with reference needs
- Participates in collection maintenance.
- Sorts, shelves, and maintains shelf order of all Library material as required.
- Assists patrons with copiers, fax/scan machines, and other Library equipment. Troubleshoots problems and notifies appropriate staff of complex issues.
- Processes materials on hold
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills in a team environment.
- Ability to be accurate, detail-oriented, and efficient in the performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to move Library materials from one location to another, either by physically carrying the materials or by moving a fully loaded book truck.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of Library-related technology, equipment, software, and digital resources preferred.
- Knowledge of alphabetic and decimal numeric filing rules preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or working towards completion.
- Previous experience in a library, clerical, or customer service environment preferred.
HOURS AND AVAILABILITY:
Part time position
8 hours a week
Hours include day, evening, and some weekend shifts.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Starting pay $11.00 per hour.
Fill out the application and submit along with 2 references.
Applications may be submitted online or in person at the Circulation Desk.
Town and Country Public Library
Please, no walk-ins. No phone calls.
If you’d prefer to print the application it can be downloaded here.
Having trouble opening PDFs? Download Adobe Reader here.